If you have been arrested or charged with a DWI you need to contact a DWI attorney immediately. If you are stopped for a DWI DUI, you need to hire a DWI lawyer to help you avoid driver’s license revocation, vehicle seizure, ignition interlock and license plate impoundment or whiskey plates. Often times, I can help you avoid your driver’s license from being revoked and get your vehicle back if it has been seized pursuant to Minn. Stat. §169A.63. DWI charges are serious and carry a number of potential collateral consequences including:
- Up to a $1,000 fine for a misdemeanor DWI.
- Up to a $3,000 fine for a gross misdemeanor DWI.
- Cost for the installation of an ignition interlock device.
- Fees of approximately $700 to reinstate your driver’s license, obtain a work permit or equipping your vehicle with an ignition interlock device.
- Probation fees, ranging from $200 to $300.
- Court costs and fees.
- Termination or prevention of employment.
- Increase in insurance premiums as a result of DWI conviction.
- Increase in health insurance premiums.
An experienced DWI attorney can often times prevent you from many of these harsh consequences. Anthony Grostyan has represented thousands of clients facing DWI charges. Contact me for a free discussion of your case and free advice about your case, how to keep your driver’s license valid and avoiding jail.
Anthony M. Grostyan, Esq.
Grostyan & Associates, PLC
Commerce at the Crossings
250 Second Ave. S., Suite 205
Minneapolis, MN 55401